The 10th annual Classic Rock Awards - the Classic Rock Roll Of Honour presented by Orange Amplification - celebrated some of the most influential and respected musicians in rock at The Avalon on Tuesday, November 4th in Hollywood.
A plethora of icons, innovators and straight-up legends attended the event and were honored with one of the most prestigious awards of the genre. The Classic Rock Roll Of Honour Awards show will officially premiere Sunday, December 28 at 9:00 PM ET on AXS TV as the crowning jewel of the Best Of Classic Rock Weekend.
The milestone event marked the 10th anniversary of the awards and the first time they’ve been hosted outside of London. The Classic Rock Roll Of Honour once again exceeded all expectations. The ceremony was hosted by multi-platinum Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame inductee Sammy Hagar. He was joined by a multitude of illustrious guest presenters including Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top), Joe Elliot (Def Leppard), musician, writer and actor Henry Rollins, Eric Idle (Monty Python) and Scott Ian (Anthrax) who presented awards to some of rock’s biggest stars, including the Doors, Queen + Adam Lambert, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Wilco & Roger Daltrey, Joe Perry and Jeff Lynne among others.
The night was capped off by Gregg Allman, one of rock's most acclaimed and beloved icons, receiving this year’s Living Legend Award. Previous winners of the Living Legend Award include: Jeff Beck, Alice Cooper, Jimmy Page, Lemmy Kilmister, Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop and ZZ Top.
The night was also highlighted by a stellar line-up of live performances from some of the most exciting and respected artists in rock: Kings Of Chaos, California Breed, Rival Sons and Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts.
The Classic Rock Roll of Honour 2014 presented by Orange Amplification winners:
- Living Legend (Sponsored by Orange Amplification) ̶ Gregg Allman
- Inspiration (Sponsored by Global Merchandise) ̶ The Doors
- Band Of The Year (Sponsored by Universal Records) ̶ Queen + Adam Lambert
- Film Of The Year (Sponsored by AXS.TV) ̶ Metallica 'Through The Never'
- Album Of The Year (Sponsored by MixRadio) ̶ Wilko Johnson & Roger Daltrey 'Going Back Home'
- Classic Album (Sponsored by Eagle Rock) ̶ Ozzy Osbourne 'Blizzard Of Ozz'
- Outstanding Contribution (Sponsored by CitiBank) ̶ Jeff Lynne
- Reissue Of The Year (Sponsored by The Great Frog) ̶ Led Zeppelin 'I, II & III' Deluxe Editions
- Maestro ̶ Joe Perry
- Metal Guru ̶ Dave Mustaine
- The Bluesman (Sponsored by Blues Magazine) ̶ Eric Burdon
- The V.I.P. (Sponsored by Sunset Marquis Hotel • Restaurant • Spa) ̶ Sharon Osbourne
- Best New Band ̶ The Cadillac Three
- CR Radio station of Year (Large Market) ̶ KSWD (100.3 The Sound)/Los Angeles, CA
- CR Radio station of Year (Medium Market) ̶ WZBA (100.7 The Bay)/Baltimore, MD
- CR Radio station of Year (Small Market) ̶ WTUE (104.7 WTUE-FM)/Dayton, OH