Warner Music has announced the release of a very special 30th anniversary edition of Private Dancer, the breakthrough solo album from Tina Turner. Originally released in June 1984, Private Dancer features hits from the eight time Grammy® winning artist including "What's Love Got to Do With It," "Better Be Good To Me," "Private Dancer," and "Let's Stay Together."
Private Dancer was a huge global success on its release in 1984 and has been certified 5x platinum in the U.S. and multi-platinum in several other countries including the UK, Australia, Canada, and Germany. The album was included in Rolling Stone's "100 Greatest Albums Of The 80s" and is widely considered one of the greatest comeback albums of the decade.
Private Dancer - 30th Anniversary Edition includes the original album remastered along with a second disc of 12" mixes, b-sides and three non-album singles, plus the duet with Bryan Adams, "It's Only Love."
The collection also features the track "Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)" (with B.E.F.) recorded with Martin Ware from Heaven 17, which later lead to him producing the lead single from the album "Let's Stay Together" - a single that soon became the biggest selling 12" record in American history.
Private Dancer - 30th Anniversary Edition
Disc 1 - Original Album Remastered
1. I Might Have Been Queen
2. What's Love Got To Do With It
3. Show Some Respect
4. I Can't Stand The Rain
5. Private Dancer
6. Let's Stay Together
7. Better Be Good To Me
8. Steel Claw
Disc 2 - The Extras
1. Ball Of Confusion (With B.E.F) Remix
2. I Wrote A Letter
3. Rock 'N' Roll Widow
4. Don't Rush The Good Things
5. When I Was Young
6. Keep Your Hands Off My Baby
7. Tonight (With David Bowie) [Live At The Nec, Birmingham]
8. Let's Pretend We're Married (Live)
9. What's Love Got To Do It (Extended 12" Remix)
10. Better Be Good To Me (Extended 12" Remix)
11. I Can't Stand The Rain (Extended 12" Remix)
12. Show Some Respect (Extended Mix)
13. We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome)
14. One Of The Living