The just announced David Bowie's Five Years 1969 - 1973 will be a 10-album/12-CD box, 10-album/13-LP vinyl set, and digital download, featuring all of the material officially released by Bowie during the nascent stage of his career from 1969 to 1973. All of the formats include tracks that have never before appeared on CD/digitally as well as new remasters.the first in a series of boxed sets spanning his career.
Exclusive to the boxed sets will be Re:Call 1, a new two-disc compilation of non-album singles, single versions & B-sides. It features a previously unreleased single edit of "All The Madmen," which was originally set for a U.S. release but was never actually issued. Also included is the original version of "Holy Holy," which was only ever released on the original 1971 Mercury single and hasn't been available since.
Also exclusive to all versions of Five Years 1969 - 1973 will be a 2003 stereo remix of The Rise and Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars by the album's original co-producer Ken Scott, previously only available on DVD with the LP/DVD format of the 40th anniversary edition of the album.
The vinyl boxed set has the same content as the CD set pressed on audiophile quality 180-gram vinyl.
The boxed set's accompanying book, 128 pages in the CD box and 84 pages in the vinyl set, will feature rarely seen photos as well as technical notes about each album from producers Tony Visconti and Ken Scott, an original press review for each album, and a short foreword by legendary Kinks front man Ray Davies.
The CD boxed set will include faithfully reproduced mini-vinyl versions of the original albums and the CDs will be gold rather than the usual silver.
An alternate cover has been created for the 2003 mix of Ziggy Stardust by Ken Scott, which features an outtake from the original Heddon Street photo session. There is also newly originated artwork for Re:Call 1 featuring a 1973 in-studio image from renowned photographer Mick Rock.
Five Years 1969 - 1973 includes:
Six Original Studio Albums:
David Bowie AKA Space Oddity*
The Man Who Sold The World*
The Rise and Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars
*New 2015 Remasters
Two Live Albums:
Live Santa Monica '72
Ziggy Stardust: The Motion Picture Soundtrack
Exclusive To The Boxed Sets:
The Rise and Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (2003 Ken Scott mix)
- "Space Oddity" (Original UK Mono Single Edit)*
- "Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud" (Original UK Mono Single Version)*
- "Ragazzo Solo, Ragazza Sola"
- "The Prettiest Star" (Original Mono Single Version)*
- "Conversation Piece"*
- "Memory Of A Free Festival (Part 1)"
- "Memory Of A Free Festival (Part 2)"
- "All The Madmen" (Mono Single Edit)* previously unreleased
- "Holy Holy" (Original Mono Single Version)* only ever issued on original '71 Mercury single
- "Moonage Daydream" (The Arnold Corns Single Version)*
- "Hang On To Yourself" (The Arnold Corns Single Version)*
- "Changes" (Mono Single Version)*
- "Andy Warhol" (Mono Single Version)*
- "Starman" (Original Single Mix)
- "John, I'm Only Dancing" (Original Single Version)
- "The Jean Genie" (Original Single Mix)
- "Drive-In Saturday" (German Single Edit)
- "Round And Round"
- "John, I'm Only Dancing" (Sax Version)
- 'Time" (U.S. Single Edit)
- "Holy Holy" (Spiders Version)
- "Velvet Goldmine"
All tracks stereo except *mono
The vinyl boxed set has the same content as the CD boxed set pressed on audiophile