Friday, March 18, 2016

The Black Crowes Guitarist Rich Robinson Joining Bad Company On U.S. Tour

From May 12 through early July, Bad Company will embark on a U.S. tour with Joe Walsh. 

The band has revealed original guitarist Mick Ralphs will sit out the tour, and Black Crowes guitarist Rich Robinson will take his place.

Ralphs explained his decision to fans: “I’ve decided to sit this upcoming US tour out. The travel required to do these dates is something I’m just not feeling up for at the moment. I’m glad the band found Rich to take my place for this run, I’m sure he’ll be great. See you all again soon. Much love to Paul and Simon, and love to all our fans for supporting us over the years Thanks.”

Rich Robinson added, “I’m excited to be joining Bad Company as their special guest on tour this summer. One of my favorite bands growing up was Free. I’ve been a big fan of Paul Rodgers and his work throughout his career – from Bad Company and beyond – and Simon Kirke is one of my all time favorite drummers. To be able to play with Paul and Simon is such an honor. I’m really looking forward to it. See you out there!”