Sunday, August 21, 2016

Mike Nesmith To Join Monkees For One Final 50th Anniversary Show

The Monkees' Mike Nesmith announced Aug. 19 on his Facebook page that he'll do one more show with fellow Monkees Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork on their 50th anniversary tour -- this time at the Pantages Theater in Los Angeles on Sept. 16. The show will make the third time he's performed with Dolenz and Tork on the tour, having previously joined them via Skype in New York City June 1 and on stage in Monterey, California, on Aug. 5.

"Been talking to Micky and Peter about the Los Angeles Pantages Monkees concert and have agreed to come down to play that show with them," he wrote online. "The show is set for September 16th -- which I believe is almost a perfect match for the fifty year anniversary of the TV show -- at the Pantages Theater in Los Angeles. I am bringing Gretsch, my beautiful, intelligent blonde to help me, and it looks like I'll make it once again."

"I expect it will be fun, and a great way for me to sign out. I see the specter of the multiple Sinatra retirement/farewells -- and this seems like the perfect time for me to step off, sit down and shut up," Nesmith wrote. "What a long strange trip it's been said TGD -- and it looks like I've made it to the end."

Nesmith said he will be busy in 2017 doing promotion for his upcoming Infinite Tuesday book plus his own solo tour. Dolenz and Tork will be doing dates without Nesmith outside of the U.S., including in Australia and New Zealand next year, he said.

Nesmith, Dolenz and Tork got together in the studio and recorded Good Times!, which was released in May.