Metal Blade Records, the Scorpions, and the Rainbow Bar and Grill have just joined the list of inductees into the 2017 Hall of Heavy Metal History.
The induction ceremony will take place on Wednesday, January 18, 2017, at the Anaheim Expo Center in Anaheim, CA. National DJ Eddie Trunk will host the event.
Performing at the ceremony will be Dio Disciples featuring Craig Goldy, Simon Wright. Scott Warren, Bjorn Englen, Tim 'Ripper' Owens, and Joe Retta. Ross "The Boss" (band), will also be performing, which features guitarist Ross 'The Boss' Friedman, Rhino (formerly of Manowar), vocalist Marc Lopes, and Mike LePond (Symphony X). Surprise artists will also take part in the event. Supporting bands include Budderside, and LA rockers Diamond Lane.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund.
The 2017 Hall of Heavy Metal History inductees include:
- Ronnie James Dio "Rainbow" "Black Sabbath" "Dio" (with Wendy Dio accepting)
- Metal Blade Records (with Brian Slagel accepting)
- Scorpions (with drummer Mikkey Dee accepting)
- Rainbow Bar and Grill (with Rainbow Bar and Grill owner Mikael Maglieri accepting)
- Lemmy Kilmister "Motörhead" (with manager Todd Singerman accepting)
- Ross "The Boss" Friedman, formerly of Manowar
- Rudy Sarzo, formerly of Ozzy Osbourne and Whitesnake
- Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot, (there will also be a special 33rd anniversary induction of Quiet Riot as the first heavy metal band to go to #1 on Billboard's Hot 100 album chart).
- Vinny Appice, formerly of Black Sabbath and Dio
- Don Airey of Deep Purple
- Andy Zildjian, president and CEO of Sabian Cymbals
- Randy Rhoads, Ozzy Osbourne's first guitarist (with the Rhoads family members accepting)
"The induction of Ronnie into the annual Hall of Heavy Metal History is indeed an honor, and I know Ronnie would have been very proud," says Wendy Dio. "On behalf of the board of directors of the Ronnie James Dio Stand up and Shout Cancer Fund, we thank you for your support and donation. Every penny will go to cancer research and education, to hopefully one day find a cure for this horrible disease that takes the lives of so many of our loved ones."
"Our family is so deeply honored to have Randy inducted into the Hall of Heavy Metal History," says Kathy and Kelle Rhoads." To think that after all these years since he has passed, he is STILL remembered and respected is totally awesome. His passion for music continues to inspire so many. It was always about the "music" for him. He would be speechless about this award, and so would our mom!!"
A press conference and General Admission entrance will commence at 6:30 PM. The induction ceremony will take place from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM. A VIP meet and greet with the inductees will take place after the ceremony.
Tickets are $25 for general admission and $100 for both general admission and the VIP meet And greet. VIP tickets include special VIP seating, pictures and autographs with the inductees, a gift bag with an official VIP pass, an official poster, an official T-shirt, an official program, and additional sponsored items.
For tickets, please go to www.thehallofheavymetalhistory.org/store
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-725-5150.