Monday, August 7, 2017

Rolling Stones Guitarist Ronnie Wood Feared The Worst With Cancer Call

Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood has revealed that he feared the worst after being diagnosed with lung cancer earlier this year.

The 70-year-old guitarist says he thought it might be “time to say goodbye,” after a doctor performing routine tests offered the news that he “had this supernova burning away on my left lung.”

Wood said he decided not to have chemotherapy if results turned out to be bad.

“I wasn’t going to lose my hair," he stated. "This hair wasn’t going anywhere.”

A week after the diagnosis, doctors told Wood the cancer hadn’t spread

“Let’s get it out now,” Wood expressed. "Before I closed my eyes for the operation, I looked at the doctor and said, 'Let battle commence.'"

According to Wood, the operation was successful.

"I’m OK now," he explained. "But I’m going to have a check up every three months. They caught it early. People have to get checked. Seriously have to get checked. I was bloody lucky but then I’ve always had a very strong guardian angel looking out for me. By rights I shouldn’t be here."