King Crimson's Official Bootleg: Live in Chicago, June 28th, 2017, a two-CD set taken from the band's most recent US tour, will be released on this Friday, October 13. Presented as a King Crimson Collectors' Club special edition, this double live release is packaged in a media-book style hard cover with a 24-page booklet featuring photographs by Tony Levin, introductory notes by Robert Fripp, and photos/production notes by KC producer/manager David Singleton.
“If we are looking for a KC live (show)," Guitarist Robert Fripp said. "Chicago was exceptional.”
The album showcases several iconic Crimson pieces performed live by this lineup for the first time – some being played live for the first time ever, including “Islands,” “The Lizard Suite,” “The Errors,” “Fallen Angel” and “Cirkus.”
King Crimson's current roster includes Fripp, Mel Collins (sax, flute), Gavin Harrison (drums), Jakko Jakszyk (guitar, vocals), Tony Levin (bass, stick, vocals), Pat Mastelotto (drums), Bill Rieflin (keyboards) and Jeremy Stacey (drums, keyboards).
Another new Crimson release goes back to the 70s and includes 21 CDs, four Blu-ray Discs, two DVDs. The King Crimson - Sailors' Tales (1970 – 1972) box set will be released on November 3, 2017. With much of the material from In The Wake Of Poseidon, Lizard, which is now being performed by the current band, it is only in recent years that the wider world has begun to realize what fans have always known: these recordings are as vital as any other segment of the King Crimson catalog.
Recorded between 1969's In The Court Of The Crimson and 1973's Larks' Tongues In Aspic, this set documents a crucial period in Crimson's history, brimming with innovation, experimentation, and boundary-pushing energy.
With a wealth of previously unheard studio recordings from band rehearsals to full alternate mixes and a vast array of live material much of it on CD and Blu-Ray for the first time and including four recently found, previously unreleased concerts -- this set presents the complete King Crimson recorded history of the period, including:
• The complete 1970-72 King Crimson boxed set: 21 CDs, four Blu-ray Discs, and two DVDs – all audio
• Three CDs feature Steven Wilson and Robert Fripp stereo mixes of In The Wake Of Poseidon (1970), Lizard (1970) and Islands (1971), plus additional tracks
• Six CDs feature the Islands lineups early concerts from Germany (new to CD) and the UK (1971).
• Nine CDs feature live recordings (several new to CD and/or previously unreleased in any format) from the 1972 US tour, including a new stereo mix of “Summit Studios” and an expanded “Earthbound”
• Three CDs feature auditions for the Islands band & two further, as yet, unidentified concerts from 1972 (all previously unreleased)
• Three Blu-ray Discs contain the main studio albums in 5.1 Surround Sound and recent stereo editions mixed by Steven Wilson & Robert Fripp, plus 30th anniversary masters of the original stereo albums mixes (all in 24/96 hi-res), extensive additional material with each disc also featuring a complete alternate album, and further selection of additional, related studio/live material in hi-res.
• Lizard Blu-ray Disc also contains the audition material from CDs 19 and 20
• Islands Blu-ray Disc also contains the following concerts in stereo Zoom Club (4 shows), Marquee Club, Plymouth, Glasgow, Detroit all from 1971
• Earthbound Tour Blu-ray Disc features an expanded version of the original album, Summit Studios gig in stereo and quadraphonic (newly mixed), the “Schizoid Men” sequence from the Ladies of the Road album, two newly discovered concerts in hi-res stereo and every existing soundboard concert recording from the 1972 US tour: Wilmington, NYC (two shows), Chicago (two tracks only), Detroit, Jacksonville, Orlando, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Peoria, Indianapolis and Denver (two shows)
• Two DVDs feature the expanded "Earthbound,” “Summit Studios,” “Schizoid Men,” “New York 1972” and recently discovered live concerts.
• 12” box with booklet, memorabilia, a downloadable concert, new sleeve notes by Sid Smith, Jakko Jakszyk and David Singleton
King Crimson's Official Bootleg: Live in Chicago, June 28th, 2017 and King Crimson - Sailors' Tales (1970 – 1972) can be pre-ordered via the shops at www.schizoidshop.com, as well as available through traditional retail outlets. The US based Schizoid Shop has recently added a range of new shirts and other band-related merchandise, and offers weekly specials including offers to win free tour T-shirts.
King Crimson's Fall 2017 US tour dates:
19 Oct Bass Concert Hall, Austin, TX
21 Oct Music Hall, Dallas, TX
23 Oct Center Stage, Atlanta, GA
24 Oct Center Stage, Atlanta, GA
26 Oct Duke Energy Centre for the Performing Arts, Raleigh, NC
28 Oct Lisner Auditorium, Washington D.C.
29 Oct Lisner Auditorium, Washington D.C.
31 Oct New Jersey Performing Arts Centre, Newark, NJ
02 Nov Merriam Theatre, Philadelphia, PA
03 Nov Merriam Theatre, Philadelphia. PA
06 Nov Orpheum Theatre, Boston, MA
08 Nov The Egg, Albany, NY
09 Nov The Egg, Albany, NY
11 Nov Miller Symphony Hall, Allentown, PA
13 Nov Paramount Theatre, Long Island, NY
15 Nov Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, NY
17 Nov Beacon Theatre, New York, NY
18 Nov Beacon Theatre, New York, NY
20 Nov Palace Theater, Greensburg, PA
22 Nov Michigan Theatre, Ann Arbor, MI
24 Nov Hard Rock Rocksino, Cleveland, OH
26 Nov Riverside Theatre, Milwaukee, WI
For more ticket information, go to https://www.dgmlive.com/tours?liveshow=on
DGM also has announced sale of VIP Royal Packages, limited to just 60 per show. Details can be viewed at the label's interactive and recently redeveloped website at http://www.dgmlive.com.