The 'Celebrating David Bowie' full band features key members of David Bowie's bands including Mike Garson (keys/CdB band leader), Earl Slick (guitar), Gerry Leonard (guitar) and Carmine Rojas (bass), along with vocalist Bernard Fowler, who is known for his work with The Rolling Stones, and 2017 Grammy nominee, vocalist Gaby Moreno. Garson was Bowie's longest and most frequent band member, having performed together for both David's first and last concerts in the United States as well as 1,000 concerts around the globe in between.
Following its official kickoff this Saturday in Silver Spring, MD -- the U.S. city where Bowie first stepped foot in when entering the country in September 1971 -- 'Celebrating David Bowie' will travel throughout North America, stopping in such cities as Philadelphia, New York City (February 12 at Irving Plaza), Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, Minneapolis, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles (February 28 at The Wiltern), Mexico City, San Francisco, Tucson, Seattle, Portland, Fort Lauderdale, and Atlanta, among others, before wrapping March 19 in New Orleans. Full tour routing is below.
Here's where to catch these 'Celebrating David Bowie' special guests on tour:
Corey Glover: The Living Colour lead singer/founding member will be performing at the first 4 shows of the CdB tour in Silver Spring, Philadelphia, New York and Albany.
- David Liebman: The sax legend -- whose career stretches nearly 50 years -- is confirmed for the New York City show.
- Evan Rachel Wood: The Emmy and Golden Globe-nominated actress -- currently starring in HBO's critically acclaimed series Westworld -- and one-half of the electro-pop music group Rebel and a Basketcase will be appearing at both the Las Vegas and Los Angeles shows.
- Fantastic Negrito: The Grammy-winning singer/songwriter will be joining the CdB band in Los Angeles.
- Joe Sumner: The CdB alum and Fiction Plane singer/songwriter -- and son of Sting -- is confirmed for 13 shows in Silver Spring, Philadelphia, New York, Los Angeles, Mesa, Tucson, Seattle, Portland, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Clearwater, Atlanta and New Orleans.
- Mark Plati: The guitarist and producer, who was also a Bowie band member, musical director and producer, will be joining for 8 shows in New York, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, Minneapolis, Milwaukee and Chicago.
- Mr Hudson: The CdB alum and British singer/songwriter/producer--who's worked with Kanye West, Jay-Z, Duran Duran, Miley Cyrus, and DJ Snake and has toured with Amy Winehouse, The Police and Kanye West -- will be appearing at 14 upcoming shows in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Rosa, San Diego, Mesa, Tucson, Seattle, Portland, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Clearwater, Atlanta and New Orleans.
- Sass Jordan: The Canadian songstress -- named Billboard's Best Female Rock Vocalist and who has worked with Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Van Halen and many more -- is set to appear at the Toronto CdB show.
More than just a mere salute, 'Celebrating David Bowie' keeps Bowie's music alive with musicians who worked closely with him throughout his career and other top musicians greatly influenced by him. The rotating ensemble with world class multi-instrumentalists changing song to song will perform a show highlighting elements that influenced Bowie and that in turn Bowie influenced: pop culture experimentation, art, fashion, science and futurism.
North America Tour Dates:
2/10 - The Fillmore Silver Spring - Silver Spring, MD
2/11 - Keswick Theatre - Philadelphia, PA
2/12 - Irving Plaza - New York, NY
2/13 - The Egg - Albany, NY
2/16 - Chevalier Theatre - Boston, MA
2/17 - M Telus - Montreal, QC
2/18 - Danforth Music Hall - Toronto, ON
2/19 - Royal Oak Music Theatre - Detroit, MI
2/21 - Pantages Theatre - Minneapolis, MN
2/22 - Pabst Theatre - Milwaukee, WI
2/23 - The Vic Theatre - Chicago, IL
2/25 - Paramount Theatre - Denver, CO
2/27 - Brooklyn Bowl - Las Vegas, NV
2/28 - The Wiltern - Los Angeles, CA
3/3 - Regency Ballroom - San Francisco, CA
3/4 - Luther Burbank Center - Santa Rosa, CA
3/6 - Balboa Theatre - San Diego, CA
3/7 - Ikeda Theater - Mesa, AZ
3/10 - Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA
3/11 - Roseland Theater - Portland, OR
3/14 - Parker Playhouse - Fort Lauderdale, FL
3/15 - The Plaza Live - Orlando, FL
3/17 - Capitol Theatre - Clearwater, FL
3/18 - Buckhead Theatre - Atlanta, GA
3/19 - Tipitina's - New Orleans, LA
Look for additional guests to be announced as well as surprise appearances along the way.
For more information on 'Celebrating David Bowie,' go to: